Friday 28 August 2009

How Effective Are You As A Leader?

How well do you think you are doing as a leader? How do you know how well you are doing and what you need to be doing more or less of. The best feedback you can get is from the people you lead, but how many of us ever think to ask them?

These questions provide a great tool for leaders to "check into" the true experience of their employees. If you are honest with yourself, you’ll recognize areas that you can improve on.

1. I understand the mission/vision of my organization. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

2. I know what I am accountable for. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

3. I know how to measure my progress. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

4. I have the tools, knowledge and support I need to do my job well.
Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

5. At work I have the opportunity to succeed daily. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

6. I receive regular constructive communication from my supervisor. Yes or No
Please explain answer. ___________________________________

7. I feel my supervisor cares about me as a person, not just as an employee.
Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

8. I am encouraged to continually develop my skills. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

9. My opinions are valued by my supervisor. Yes or No

Please explain answer. ___________________________________

10. I would encourage anyone who is qualified to work for my organization
and for my supervisor. Yes or No


Yvonne Bleakley is the manager's mentor, director of http://www.coachuk.ltd.uk and creator of The Silent Motivator System, the proven step-by-step programme to maximise staff and gain true respect and commitment.

Download your free e-book "How to Maximise your Staff and Gain Respect" at http://www.silentmotivator.com



Bookmark and Share




Multiply your article submission power with Jetspinner

No comments: